The member has not specified any exchange dates
House in wooded area, centrally located in the Netherlands.
We are a family of four. Marcel is 50 years old, a teacher and a psychologist. Esther is 49 years old and is also a teacher (special educational needs). Lotte is 18 years old and is a student international development. Koen is 20 years old and studies law and economics (Koen won't join us on vacation because he is in Asia). We have got two dogs, which we want to take with us on the house trading.
We'll be happy to exchange with you and will be respectful in your place as we would like you will be in our!
We speak English - Wir sprechen ein bischen Deutsch - On parle un peu Francais.
We have a family house (125 m2) with a (little) front and backyard. There are three bedrooms and a possibility for a fourth. One room has a kingzise bed and the other rooms have single beds. There is one bathroom and one extra toilet on the ground floor. The bathroom has a bad and a shower. There is a open kitchen connected to the living room, with a dishwasher, microwave and all the other necessary equipment to cook and eat. On the second floor is a washing machine.
The garden is 75 m2, and there is, besides the table and chairs, a sun launcher, a hammock and a barbecue. In the backyard is a barn with three bikes you can use.
There is a TV with DVD-player in the living room and Wifi throughout the whole house.
The house is located in a friendly neighborhood with a lot of play and recreational places near by. There are several play gardens, a play field and a park with pond within five minutes of walking distance. There is a big cinema and a shopping mall within a two minute drive. In ten minutes you are in the city center with shops, bars and restaurants. There are more then ten supermarkets within a ten minute drive.
Ede is located in an area with beautiful nature. There are lots of forests, moorland and the famous Hoge Veluwe (https://www.hogeveluwe.nl/en). The Park's different landscapes are home to a wide diversity of plant and animal species. On the Hoge Veluwe you can find the museum Kröller-Müller, which is the home to top works by modern masters including Claude Monet, Georges Seurat, Pablo Picasso, van Gogh. and Piet Mondriaan. A second museum, The Museonder focuses on the geology and biology of the Veluwe. This is al within a distence of twenty kilometers.
There are a lot of possibility's for recreation in the area (10 min. - 1 hour). For instance:
- Walking (http://www.mapmywalk.com/nl/gelderland/).
- Cycling (http://fietsen-wandelen.nl/Fietsroutes-Gelderland.php).
- Horse riding (http://www.everytrail.com/browse.php?activity_id=25&country=netherlands&state=Gelderland).
- Swimming - outside, inside, and in nature; Schateiland Zeumeren, Henschotermeer, De Zanding, De peppel, De Vrije Slag.
- A variation of zoo's: Ouwehands dierenpark, Burger zoo, Apenheul (http://www.apenheul.com/), Dolfianrium.
- Indoor and outdoor play grounds for kids: Land van Jan Klaassen, Spelerij-Uitvinderij, Julianatoren, Chimpiechamp.
- Amusement park: Walibi, Efteling (http://www.efteling.co.uk/?l=14645&_ga=1.101992901.518767579.1432815247).
- Museums: Openlucht-museum (http://www.openairmuseum.nl/), Watermuseum, Afrika museum, Airborne museum.
There are several nice city's within an hour drive with car or public transport. The city's are nice to shop, walk around, eat and drink and do several cultural activities. Close city's are for example: Arnhem, Nijmegen, Utrecht, Apeldoorn and Amsterdam.
Other typical Dutch activities (1 hour - 1.5 hours):
- The Dutch coast; there are several beaches one hour and a half away (http://www.holland.com/global/tourism/regions/dutch-coast.htm).
- IJsselmeer (1 hour and more - http://www.holland.com/us/tourism/article/ijsselmeer-tour-by-bicycle.htm).
- The Biesbosch (1.15 hour - http://np-debiesbosch.nl/).
- Kinderdijk (1.20 hour - https://www.kinderdijk.com/).
- Delft (1.20 hour - http://www.delft.nl/delften/Tourists).
- Visit 'the Dutch Venice' Giethoorn (1.20 hour - http://giethoorntourism.com/).
- Visiting Edam, Volendam, Zaansche Schans (1.30 hour - http://www.edam-volendam.nl/portal/english_41813/ - http://www.dezaanseschans.nl/en/) possibly in combination with a visit to Amsterdam (1 hour - http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/visiting).
- Discover Holland's Highlights & Heritage in Madurodam (1.30 hour) possibly in combination with a visit to The Hague (http://denhaag.com/en) and/or the Dutch coast in Scheveningen (http://denhaag.com/en/scheveningen).
- 2 Adults
- 2 Children
- 1 Exchanges made
- Teacher &
- House Type: House
- Environment: In a small town
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 1
- Sleeping Capacity: 5
In my house
- Pets - Allowed
- Small children - Allowed
- Home exchange
- No smoking
Our Destination Wish List
- Open for all offers
- Teacher &
- Boy - Age: 25
- Girl - Age: 24
- Two dogs
About Our Family
We are a family of four. Marcel is 50 year old teacher and a psychologist. Esther is 49 years old and is also a teacher. Lotte is 18 years old and is a student international development. Koen is 20 years old and studies law and economics (Koen won't join us on vacation because he is in Asia). We have got two dogs, which we want to take with us on the house trading.
We are people who love the nature, walking, reading and playing games. We also like to visit other city's, go to restaurants and do cultural activities.
This member has completed 1 successful exchanges. Here are some members that he exchanged with in the past: